If you are like us, then you probably love alternative remedies for treating common health issues like sinusitis, common cold, skin infections etc. And that means that you might have also heard about colloidal silver. If not- you will soon, for more and more people are waking up to the health benefits of this miraculous product. In this article, we will study everything you need to know about ways to take colloidal silver orally or internally as well as its dosage, side effects etc.
What is colloidal silver?
In the past, people used to place silver coins in milk to keep it from spoiling. It is believed that silver has many health benefits primary one being its antibiotic property. It is no wonder that royal families across the world ate their meals in silver plates and bowls. Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic that can kill hundreds of different types of fungi and bacteria. Unlike other antibiotics, it does not affect the kidneys and liver negatively. Another advantage of using silver for treating infections is that it does not interact with other drugs and is also hypoallergenic. Many experiments and scientific tests have shown that colloidal silver speeds up healing process. You can read about how it does so in the book The Body Electric by Robert O Becker, MD.
Benefits of Colloidal Silver
One of the most important benefits of colloidal silver is its ability to kill 650 different types of pathogens. People who take a few drops of it daily in the month leading to the flu season can protect themselves against viruses, bacteria and other microbes.
Colloidal silver is very useful in treating wounds, cuts, crapes, burns, bed sores, etc. In diabetic patients, wound healing is a major issue. Silver can help in such instances as it speeds up healing and also protects the skin. You can also use it for ringworm or tinea infections, scabies, heat rashes, eczema, psoriasis, acne etc.
Eye and Ear issues
Many pharmaceutical companies are now using colloidal silver in their drugs made especially for treating ear and eye infections. Conjunctivitis or pink eye, blepharitis, eye stye and other infections in the delicate eye region can be quickly cleared by using silver formulations. The same goes for ear aches, ear infections, water in the ear and so on.
Many patients have successfully used silver for treating or managing viral infections including warts or herpes simplex virus, shingles, HIV/AIDS etc. It works on the pathogens and reduces the duration of the infection.
People who suffer frequently from sinusitis and other respiratory infections can also benefit from taking colloidal silver. It improves immune function and reduces the duration of the infection by speeding up the healing process. Many forums talk about the efficacy of using this remedy to fight swine flu, colds, nasal congestion etc. People with chronic asthma, allergies and rhinitis can also benefit from this remedy.
Colloidal Silver side effects
Colloidal silver is generally safe to take. However, in some patients it is known to cause skin discoloration if taken in excessive amounts. It may interfere with absorption of certain drugs like those for treating thyroid issues and also certain antibiotics.
We will now discuss how to take colloidal silver orally or internally.
How to take colloidal silver- Dosage
You need different doses for different health issues. Colloidal silver is available in the form of liquid sprays and cream or ointment. You may apply it to the skin directly, take it with water or spray it n the nose, eyes and ears. There is no dosage that is harmful-you simply cannot overdose on it.
- For skin issues-Use 2-5 drops on the wound or rash. Continue using the solution directly on the skin for 2-5 days until it heals. For bed sores, wipe the site of the infection with some spirit/rubbing alcohol. Apply the silver ointment liberally on the sores. Keep the patient on his/her side (in case of bed sores on the back). Repeat application 2-3 times a day for 4 weeks to prevent recurrence.
- Colloidal silver spray dosage for adults is 10mls twice a day. For specific health issues, you can use 20mls twice a day. Colloidal silver dosage in infants is 5mls once a day. In case of cold, the dosage remains the same. You can additionally add the silver to a neti pot filled with warm water and pour it into the nostrils.
- Colloidal silver dosage for candida– Apply 5-10 drops directly to the vagina. Repeat 2 times daily.
- Colloidal silver dosage for sinus infection is to 5 to 10 mls of the spray directly in the nose.
- For immunity strengthening– Take a bit more than the minimum amount. A daily dose of colloidal silver taken during flu season can help prevent and overcome illness and even shorten the duration of the flu.
Featured image courtesy : HealthyCures