Do you want to use essential oils for weight loss but don’t know where to start? Today, I am going to discuss some of the best essential oils for weight loss and ways to use them. I recommend using best aromatherapy weight loss oils along with proper diet and exercise to lose weight.
What Is Aromatherapy?
Most of you might already be familiar with Aromatherapy. It is a holistic branch of science which deals with volatile oils extracted from plants, seeds, roots, leaves, flowers, fruits or stems. The oils retain the properties of the plant and contain enzymes and fatty acids that protect the plant from environmental damage. Naturally, humans can also reap hundreds of benefits of these oils. Essential oils are not new at all. In fact; they have been use since centuries by ancient civilizations to heal, nourish and prevent different ailments. The oils were often kept under lock and key in palaces-so precious they were considered, like Gold and Silver.
Modern day interest in Aromatherapy essential oils was rekindled in the early 1900s when a French chemist discovered the healing power of Lavender essential oil that he used for treating his burnt finger. Today, Aromatherapy is a popular and well-accepted branch of alternative medicine and is even recommended by many mainstream practitioners to their patients to improve the quality of life.
How do essential oils for weight loss and cellulite work?
Essential oils for weight loss and cellulite work in different ways.
- Internally– When taken internally, essential oils for weight loss suppress appetite. They also treat stress which is often a factor in unhealthy weight gain.
- Topically– When massaged on the areas with fat and cellulite, essential oils for weight loss penetrate deep into the skin where they melt fat deposits and reduce the dimpled appearance of the skin.
- Inhalation– The best way to use essential oils for weight loss is to diffuse them in your house. These oils are so highly concentrated and pure that they retain specific properties of the plants from which they are derived. The result: essential oils for weight loss work directly on our circulatory, nervous and digestive systems and balance hormones, correct irregularities and regularize these systems. Essential oils also work on the hypothalamus of the brain to prevent stress by uplifting the mood. This is the main reason why essential oils aid in weight loss.
How to use essential oils for weight loss?
Essential oils, when sourced from reputed vendors like DoTerra® and YoungLiving® are highly concentrated and pure. This also means that they have all the properties you may be looking for in them to fight weight loss. It is very important to research the vendor from where you source essential oils for weight loss and cellulite. There are many fake companies selling fragrance oils labeled as essential oils. These will not help you on your weight loss journey.
Also, pure and concentrated essential oils must always be diluted with suitable carrier oils first. Carrier oils act as a vehicle and transport the delicate oils to those areas where they are needed the most. Some of the most popular carrier oils used by Aromatherapists around the world are Coconut oil, Argan oil, Sweet Almond oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Grape seed oil etc. These carrier oils all have their own therapeutic benefit.
Some easy ways to use essential oils for weight loss
- Orally– Very few essential oils can be ingested as many oils are actually toxic and can cause severe poisoning. Always, and I do mean always, mix the oils with some coconut or olive oil. You must also only buy food grade and organic essential oils for internal use. Also use them by first diluting them with some water, herbal teas, juice or milk. The best essential oils for weight loss for internal use are: Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint and Ginger. You can also use some of these oils in your cooking, baking etc. Never ingest any essential oil in its concentrated form.
- Massage– This is another popular way to use essential oils for weight loss and cellulite. Mix the chosen oil with coconut/olive/jojoba oil and rub it on the body. Use this remedy before bath. Follow up with a warm tub bath or shower. Repeat 2-3 times a week to see results.
- Inhalation therapy-Inhale the essential oil for weight loss and cellulite by using them in a diffuser. Do this before meals to suppress appetite.
- As a compress– Apply a compress made using essential oil for weight loss on areas having the cellulite. Repeat daily to see results.
Best essential oils for weight loss
Lemon oil for weight loss
Lemon oil is extracted from the rind of lemon fruit. This powerful oil boosts the body’s immunity and also detoxifies the system. You can even dissolve stubborn cellulite with regular massages with lemon oil.
To use: Add a drop of lemon oil to a glass of water. Drink this before meals to curb appetite. Massage some lemon oil mixed with coconut oil on tummy, hips, buttocks and other areas with fat to tighten the skin and dissolve fat.
Peppermint oil for weight loss
Many essential oils for weight loss success stories mention use of peppermint oil. This oil has been proven to curb cravings and reduce appetite. When used regularly for massage, this wonderful oil tightens the skin, eliminates toxins, stimulates the lymph nodes to throw out waste and also boost metabolism and fat burning.
To use: Take 3 drops of peppermint oil mixed with 2 drops of lemon oil in a capsule daily before meals. This is a digestive aid that keeps you regular and prevents acidity and heart burn. It also curbs appetite. Use the oil for massaging flabby areas of the body.
Cinnamon oil for weight loss
Cinnamon essential oil does not aid in weight loss by itself but can be used in combination with other essential oils for weight loss to make them more effective. In fact, cinnamon essential oil is the best oil for diabetes and promotes healthy insulin levels. You can also take cinnamon oil with some water or juice to detoxify the body.
To use: Take a couple of drops of cinnamon oil in your coffee or with little milk. Also diffuse it in the room to promote healthy and positive body image.
Grapefruit essential oil for weight loss
Grapefruit is the best superfood for fat burning and weight loss. You can also take grapefruit essential oil for the purpose. It aids in toning the body and also tightens areas with cellulite. This stress relieving oil also uplifts the mood and fights anxiety and tension.
To use: Diffuse in the room to beat stress and curb appetite. Also use it as a massage oil. Mix a few drops in your favorite herbal tea and drink daily before meals.
Other noteworthy essential oils for weight loss
Citrusy oils– These essential oils for weight loss are uplifting, energizing and energy boosting. Apply these oils to your pulse points before workout to enhance and boost your efforts and lose weight. Examples: Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit and Bergamot.
Herbaceous oils– Examples of these include Rosemary, Sandalwood and Basil. You can take Basil oil internally in a tea or with some water. Use rosemary oil for massage and apply sandalwood oil to pulse points to reduce stress. Diffuse rosemary and sandalwood essential oils for weigh loss in your home.
Spices-These include cinnamon, ginger and peppermint. All these oils fight inflammation and detoxify the body.
Essential oils for weight loss work but they must always be used with exercise and healthy diet to actually see results.