Is it possible to lose love handles without exercise? Experts say it isn’t and that certain amount of a well-conceived exercise program is absolutely necessary to lose that fat around the waist. That said; exercise is only an important support factor for weight loss but it is definitely not the only element. Today we will study some home remedies and supplements that are proven to help you lose love handles and trim and tone that waist.
1. Get rid of toxic overload
The main reason why majority of us have fat accumulation around the hips, thighs, waist and buttocks is because of toxins. So the first thing to do in order to reduce love handles without exercise is to remove the toxic burden. Here are the steps:
- Start with a 3 day detox fast. On the chosen three days you must only drink juices made at home with fresh fruits and vegetables. Also consume 10-12 glasses of water. Do not eat anything solid and especially avoid processed foods. You may eat soups, stews and bit of organic brown rice. Herbal teas are also acceptable.
- Next, you must set up a meditation practice. Meditation will help you visualize your thinner self and help you set a clear intention of weight loss. The practice also helps lower stress.
- Rest adequately. You can do some moderate activity like walking etc.
- On day 4, you can start eating solid foods. However, limit your intake to organic, lean and sugar free foods. Brown rice, soups, pasta with whole wheat, lean proteins etc are good foods for weight loss. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
2. Correct hormonal imbalance
Hormonal factors are often responsible for excess weight gain. Seek help of an endocrinologist to find out which hormones are out of control. In general, reduce stress through positive thoughts, meditation and yoga practice. Eat healthy. Again, moderate exercise is recommended. Check out our article on how to correct hormonal imbalance naturally.
3. Speed up metabolism
There are some proven ways using which you can speed up metabolism in order to lose those love handles:
- Start your day with a glass of warm water and lemon juice. This cleanses the bowels, reduces toxic overload and revs up the metabolism.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Skipping this most important meal of the day would definitely lead you to binge later.
- Sip on ‘drinks to get rid of love handles’. These include warm water with honey, green tea, herbal teas etc. Many detox teas are available these days to help you lose weight. However, these teas contain senna and other laxatives which can cause increased bowel movements, at least in the beginning until your system adjusts to them.
- Eat organic and high fiber foods- Fiber fills you up and prevents you from overeating. Always include healthy protein with the carbs. Include iron rich food in the diet.
4. Drink tons of water
Water is your best friend if you want to lose those love handles. So fill up a big bottle with water and sip it every now and then.
5. Practice portion control
You definitely need to practice portion control in order to lose love handles in 2 to 5 days. Start eating half of what you do. Chew slowly and mindfully. Drink water before meals. You can also invest in portion control plates and containers. These have demarcations that indicate how much to fill them up with each food group. This is a surefire trick to help you drop a couple of sizes in a week and stay that way.
6. Sip on green tea
Studies have shown that green tea catechins help reduce belly fat. So drink it 2-3 times daily.
7. Read food labels
Commercially prepared food contains dyes, preservatives and other substitutes for taste enhancement. These toxins lead to unhealthy food cravings and some even impact our hormones negatively. So shop smart. Read labels and avoid keeping tempting snacks in the pantry that could sabotage your efforts.
8. Keep a food log
A food log is a surefire way to lose love handles as it helps keep you accountable. You can record your activity levels as well as your emotional state in the log. Doing so can prevent binge eating when you are feeling depressed etc.
9. Avoid sitting for prolonged periods
Prolonged sitting is one of the main reasons that cause love handles. So stand up every now and then and, if possible, work at standing desks.
10. Use supplements and diet pills to reduce love handles
Many supplements and diet pills to reduce love handles are available in the market. However, you must only use them under medical supervision.