Scabies is a highly contagious skin condition caused by a parasite. It is often difficult to treat scabies at home with natural remedies, because the condition keeps recurring. This is mainly due to the mites that are scattered in the environment. Therefore, apart from treating your body and scalp, you must also treat the environment-daily. With the best natural home remedies like tea tree oil and neem oil for scabies, you must also use bleach and borax to eliminate the sarcoptes scabei mites that cause this disease. Let us study ways to cure scabies in 24 hours without going to the doctor.
Bleach is the most powerful remedy to get rid of scabies in 24 hours. Fill up a bottle with equal parts of bleach and water.
- Spray it on your entire body from top to bottom and let it air dry naturally.
- Also spray the solution on all surfaces you have touched and wipe them down. (Do ensure that the surfaces do not lose their color due to bleach).
- Wash all of your bedclothes, linen, pillow covers and sheets in hot water and detergent or bleach solution. Continue this remedy for a week, daily. You will start seeing a reduction in itchiness and other scabies symptoms on the same day itself. However, it is very important that you continue using bleach so that the mites do not come back.
- Make sure you also wipe down your bathtub and bathroom floors with bleach once you have bathed.
- You can buy bleach wipes to wipe down all surfaces in the home from time to time.
2. Aloe Vera
While aloe vera won’t kill the sarcoptes scabei mites, it can certainly put a stop to the itchiness. Apply liberal quantities of Aloe Vera gel or lotion(you can buy a good quality cream with aloe, or use the plant from your garden if you have one) and keep applying the same all over your itchy skin every couple of hours. It helps that Aloe is anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial which eliminates all kinds of microbes.
3. Hydrogen peroxide
Like bleach, hydrogen peroxide mixed with a little water is the best scabies treatment, over the counter. Apply diluted peroxide liberally on your body and scalp and also wipe down all surfaces in your home.
4. Steam clean your carpets
Apart from treating your body with bleach or peroxide, you will need to strip down the entire home and steam clean all the linen, carpets and bedding. This is the only way to help you get rid of scabies mites. You may also use some carpet shampoo to clean carpets or make a solution of vinegar, baking soda and Castile soap and spray it all over before steaming and vacuuming the beds, linen and carpets.
You can use Borax in numerous ways to get rid of scabies in 24 hours:
- Internally-Use only borax (not boric acid which is not the same) for internal use. Take it with water (add ¼ tsp dissolved in one liter of water). Drink this mixtureis small sips every few hours to get rid of itching caused by scabies.
- Topically– Mix equal quantities of hydrogen peroxide with borax and apply it all over the body.
- All over the household surfaces– Spray diluted borax all over your mattresses, box springs, carpets etc. If your pets have scabies, bathe them in borax solution too.
6. Apple cider vinegar
Drink organic apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach. ACV detoxifies the body and gives it the ability to fight scabies from the inside. Scabies home treatment with vinegar is a well know remedy for getting rid of scabies naturally.
7. Pack up your clothing and place it in the sun
Scabies mites feed off the skin so in order to starve them, you will need to pack up every little item of clothing you and your family members own and place them outside in the sun (enclosed in plastic bags) for weeks. Also seal all of your mattresses in encasements. Wipe down the headboards with bleach and spray box springs with a solution of bleach or borax in hydrogen peroxide. Make this a part of your scabies home treatment furniture.
8. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is antimicrobial and soothes the itch by suffocating the scabies mites. Apply coconut oil all over your scalp and body and bathe after 30 minutes. Repeat this remedy daily. Also take coconut oil internally to boost immunity and kill the mites from inside.
9. Sulfur soap
Bathing with sulfur soap is one of the most effective ways to get rid of scabies without going to the doctor. Bathe 2-3 times a day to eradicate the mites and continue using bleach and/borax/hydrogen peroxide scabies home treatment furniture.
Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that boosts immunity. Take turmeric capsules daily to strengthen the immune system. You can also take a teaspoon of organic turmeric powder with a glass of warm milk and some honey at night to sleep better and let the body heal. Also, apply turmeric in coconut or neem oil to the scabies rash to counter itch and kill the mites.
11. Essential oils for scabies
The best essential oil for scabies is tea tree oil and neem oil. Scabies mites are literally suffocated by their powerful antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Apply either of them undiluted to the scabies rash 2-3 times a day to see results. Here is a skin treatment recipe for scabies:
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil or coconut oil
- Aloe Vera gel ½ cup
- 3-5 drops each Tea tree oil, Sweet orange oil and Clove oils
- 1 tsp of Neem oil
Before sleeping, apply the mixture of all of the above ingredients from head to toe. Seek help from someone to reach hard to access areas on the back. Sleep with this mixture on (protect your bed sheets with old linen). Bathe the next morning with sulfur soap or neem soap. To wash your hair, ad a few drops of tea tree oil and/or neem oil to your shampoo. Repeat this treatment each night until the infection clears.
We hope these 11 natural remedies help you get rid of scabies without going to the doctor.