In this guide, we will discuss some natural remedies to get rid of belly fat without slaving away in the kitchen or spending hours at the gym. In order to blast belly fat, you won’t need to rearrange your hectic schedule or give up foods you love. Here are proven remedies that can easily help you blast belly fat and get rid of love handles.
1. Give up belly fattening foods
Okay, we lied a bit when we said you won’t have to give up your favorite foods. But, if you want to slim down fast and really see quick results, then you must give up on the following 7 belly fattening foods:
- Trans fats-Trans fats are found in fried foods made using hydrogenated oils. Foods high in trans fats are margarine, commercial baked products, French fries, onion rings, hot dogs, sausages, funnel cakes etc. Avoid reusing the same cooking oil you have used for frying. Trans fat not only increases your belly fat; it can also increase risk of heart disease.
- White sugar-This is found in many packaged items such as juices, cookies, cakes, pastries, muffins and even dried fruits. It increases the blood sugar levels and can lead to diabetes. It also is addictive in nature- so the more you eat it, the more you will crave it.
- Artificial sweeteners– These too are extremely addictive and they send false signals to the brain making you crave more sugar. Unhealthy foods with artificial stuff also increase Glycemic overload, causing a spike in the blood sugar levels. This will eventually give rise to unhealthy belly fat.
- Salt-Salt or sodium chloride increases belly fat and leads to puffiness caused by water retention. So try and keep away from chips, crackers, canned soups etc which contain huge amounts of salt when trying to lose belly fat. Eat these items in moderation.
- Refined carbs– Carbohydrates, especially the simple carbs found in cakes, cookies and other goodies make with refined flours get digested quickly making you feel hungry in a short time. So, select complex carbs obtained from whole grains, fruits and vegetables as these will keep you full longer.
- Red meat– Red meat obtained from lamb, poultry skin, veal, and other special cuts are flavorful but extremely high in fats. Eating these in excess can lead to belly fat. Eat these in moderation.
- Sodas, juices and whole dairy items- Avoid these at they are extremely fattening. Sodas and juices contain tons of sugar while whole milk, cream and full fat cheeses etc can also lead to belly fat.
2. Eat lean belly foods
There are many foods that are good for getting rid of belly fat and love handles:
- Fruits and vegetables– Eat plenty of these-fresh or frozen. Make a smoothie for lunch or breakfast. Have them as a snack with low fat dips made with low fat peanut butter, tahini sauce, hummus etc. Eat as many colorful fresh fruits and veggies as you can whenever you feel hungry.
- Nuts and seeds– There are many good fats that are necessary for the human body and they are present in seeds and nuts (the unsalted varieties only). So try to consume flax seeds, walnuts, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, Macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, pecans etc.
- Avocado– Avocado is extremely high in good fats and is beneficial for healthy skin, shiny hair and lean stomach.
- Olive oil and coconut oil- Use these oils for cooking and sautéing and also as salad dressings. These contain healthy fats and omega 3 essential fatty acids needed for lean body.
- Fatty fish and lean meat– Lean meat and fatty fish like salmon are good for heart and also for busting belly fat. So eat grilled, steamed or poached salmon, tuna etc at least 2 times a week. Also go for lean turkey and chicken cooked using healthy methods like steaming or baking.
- Berries– These are packed with tons of antioxidants and are ideal for snacking or in form of breakfast smoothies. Have a handful daily in your oatmeal.
- Green tea– Drinking 2 cups of green tea daily is one of the proven remedies to blast belly fat for men and women. Do not consume more than 2 cups as it contains caffeine.
- Cayenne pepper– Cayenne pepper is a powerful spice that helps flavor food but can also help you get rid of belly fat naturally. You can also buy cayenne pepper capsules these days to reduce the tummy without exercise.
- Protein shakes– A lot has been said about protein shakes. Many bodybuilders and athletes are known to drink these to bulk up and get muscular. However, even regular people can consume protein shakes to feel full longer and develop a leaner and more muscular abdomen. Here are some great protein shake recipes for weight loss.
3. Eat clean foods
Eating clean requires you to eat only those foods that are as close as possible to their natural state. Whatever comes out of a package is prohibited when eating clean. So eat plenty of fresh, organic produce. Salads, soups and stews are best. You can also steam, bake, or grill food instead of frying or roasting it at high temperature. Avoid all foods containing dyes, preservatives, food colors etc.
4. Eat protein in every meal
Proteins and good fats complement complex carbs and help in keeping you full longer. They also reduce unhealthy cravings and binge eating. So eat lean proteins like chicken, turkey, fish, chickpeas, beans, low fat cheese, and eggs daily.
5. Eat every 3-4 hours
Instead of three large meals every day, eat 4-6 small meals containing proteins, complex carbs and good fats. You can eat fruits, carrots and celery sticks with a low fat dip, nuts and seeds, homemade vegetable chips made without oil in a dehydrator, or curried baked chickpeas etc as snacks. This will increase your metabolism and help you burn fat fast.
These proven 5 steps will help you get rid of belly fat quickly and naturally. While we promised you no exercise, some amount of physical activity is necessary to get rid of the fat around stomach region. We recommend moderate and fun exercises such as dancing, swimming, cycling, walking etc. These will complement the above 5 natural remedies and help you lose belly fat and love handles quickly.