Making hand cream at home for dry hands is easy and fun. Many of us suffer from dry hands and fingernails, especially in winters. The harsh weather along with the constant use of hand sanitizers tends to dry out our skin making the hands look wrinkled and rough. So today we will study some easy homemade hand lotion and homemade hand cream recipes which do not need any special ingredients or equipment. Enjoy the process of making these creams so you can keep your hands beautiful and soft all year round.
1. Homemade hand cream recipe with beeswax
This easy homemade hand cream recipe is ideal for dry and chapped hands and nails. It contains essential oils and takes under 30 minutes to prepare. This recipe contains beeswax.
- 4 tbsp almond base oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp each anhydrous lanolin and beeswax
- 10-20 drops of essential oils
In a double broiler, heat all ingredients except the essential oils. Make sure the cocoa butter and beeswax are melted. Remove from heat and stir a few times to blend. Add the essential oil and mix well. Stir well and pour into containers. The formula will harden in winters and you need not store it in refrigerator. However, it melts easily when it comes in contact with your warm skin. For a nice DIY manicure at home, soak the hands in warm water first. Then apply the cream on the hands and nails. Pay special attention to the cuticles.
2. Homemade hand lotion with baby lotion
- 8 oz baby lotion, Vaseline/petroleum jelly and Vitamin E oil or cream each
This easy homemade lotion can be made with coconut oil instead of Vaseline. It is thick, heavy and moisturizing and you can also use it on legs and feet.
3. Easy homemade hand lotion without beeswax
This recipe is full of healing and nourishing ingredients like essential oils, cocoa butter, shea butter and aloe vera juice.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup each shea and cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel or juice
- Base oil like almond or jojoba
- 5-10 drops of essential oils
Over low heat, in a double broiler, melt coconut oil, shea and cocoa butter. Remove from heat and cool a bit. Add aloe vera, liquid base oil and essential oils. Mix well. Store in an airtight container.
4. Easy homemade herbal cream
- 2 tbsp herb/flower infused oil of your choice (add flowers/herbs to base oil and infuse for several days or weeks)
- 1 tbsp each shea butter or mango butter and aloe vera gel
- 2-3 drops of essential oils
In a hot water bath, add the herb infused oil and butter in a canning jar. Make sure the jar is completely immersed with hot water up to 2 inches. Keep the jar until the butter melts. Remove from heat then place the jar in refrigerator for 45 minutes until it solidifies to salve consistency. Now use a fork or a whisk and add aloe, essential oils and stir. Mix vigorously until combined. Now you will have a thicker cream. You can add natural preservative to the cream to increase its shelf life. Whisk until well blended. Use the cream on hands, feet, neck and even the face.
5. Hand cream with olive oil and coconut oil
- 1/3 rd cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp each beeswax and coconut oil
- ½ tsp vitamin E oil
Grate the beeswax. Prepare a hot water bath. Place the wax and oils in a canning jar. Place the canning jar in the bath ensuring that the jar is completely immersed. Keep the jar until the wax and coconut oil is completely melted. Pour into a container with a lid. Once cooled, the mixture will become a gel-like consistency. To use, dip your fingers and use all over the hands.
Try these 5 easy homemade hand cream recipes and keep your hands baby soft!