In order to prepare your body for conception, you must do a complete fertility detox. This will help you cleanse your body off toxic waste and prepare it for a healthy and safe pregnancy. In this guide, we will talk about some herbs and foods to eat in order to prepare your body for a healthy conception. Although all herbs and remedies given below are generally safe, do consult an herbalist before use. Without further adieu, here is how to cleanse uterus and ovaries and prepare them for fertility:
1. Take fertility cleanse herbs
Following fertility cleanse tea ingredients work beautifully to cleanse our system:
- Milk thistle– This herb cleanses the liver. If excess toxins and hormonal issues are the cause of infertility, take 30 drops of milk thistle extract with water.
- Burdock root- This herb plays a vital role in cleansing the blood, moving toxins out of the lymphatic system, flushing the kidneys and even for cleansing the uterus and ovaries. Burdock root also aids in digestion and cleans out the lungs.
- Dandelion– Apart from detoxification, dandelion is rich in iron, vitamin A and vitamin C. It cleanses the liver and kidneys and also moves the lymph.
- Goldenseal-Goldenseal is strongly antimicrobial and antiseptic. It cleanses reproductive area as well as the blood.
- Dong quai- This Chinese herb is one of the most powerful fertility cleanse herbs. It is best used under the guidance of a trained herbalist as it needs to be taken in combination with other herbs.
- Red Raspberry leaf– Red raspberry leaf fertility cleanse tea is readily available in the market. It prepares the uterus for conception. Red raspberry leaf’s high calcium and vitamin content makes it one of the best uterine tonics.
Take above herbs for at least 30 days. It is best to begin the fertility detox diet post menstruation. This will clean out the uterus and ovaries. Reserve the first day as a day of rest and meditation. Avoid watching movies or doing any strenuous activity on this day. In fact, you must meditate daily to prepare mind and body for conception. On day 6, start taking milk thistle. Also drink other fertility cleanse tea made by boiling dried leaves of above herbs. You may also add a few drops of the extract in hot water.
3. Take warm baths
Add some bath salts and soak in the tub bath for 20-30 minutes. These relax mind and body. If possible go for deep tissue massage once a week. This stimulates lymph system to throw out toxic waste. Also do dry body brushing at home before shower. Add sea salt/Epsom salts and essential oils to bath water to relax the senses.
4. Make lifestyle changes
Quit smoking and remove alcohol from your diet. Avoid non organic meats, fruits and vegetables. Stay away from processed foods. Limit or avoid intake of sugar, aspartame, soy based foods, fried foods and processed white grains.
5. Fertility cleanse diet
Eat only organic food. Limit your intake of dairy but if you do, go for organic, low fat variety. Try to eat fish 3 times a week. Go in for grass fed, USDA certified organic meat. Choose free range chicken. Limit your intake of carbohydrates. Avoid soy of all kind except fermented varieties like tempeh, miso etc. Stay away from commercial fruit juices; you can juice fresh fruits and veggies at home. Drink plenty of fresh water.
- Fresh fruits and veggies-These will supply you with tons of vitamin and minerals. Include different colored ones in your diet. Fresh juices and smoothies with fruits and vegetables work best. Include plenty of dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli, and Swiss chard.
- Protein– You need to consume at least 50-70 gram protein daily. Talk to your doctor about an easy-to-digest protein supplements or go in for fresh organic meat, poultry and beans.
- Complex carbs– You need healthy carbohydrates for fertility. So include whole grains with each meal. Make sure you eat carbs with proteins-for example, rice and fish or chicken, or eggs or tempeh with rice etc.
- Calcium rich food-For your fertility detox at home, eat calcium rich foods like sesame seeds, seaweed, almonds, quinoa, organic dairy, cottage cheese, broccoli, green vegetables etc.
- Good clean fats– You also need fats in the form of flax seeds, fatty fish, avocados, walnuts, olive oil etc.
6. Eat one salad daily
Salads give you fiber and keep you regular. You will also get plenty of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants from colorful vegetables. To make salads healthier, add homemade olive oil dressing. Sprinkle nuts and seeds on top. Eat greens with each main meal. They supply fiber and chlorophyll and keep you regular.
7. Fertility smoothie recipe
This smoothie has Royal Jelly which balances estrogen. It also has maca which is rich in antioxidants.
- 1 cup fresh/froze organic strawberries
- Almond milk- 1 cup
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- Royal jelly and raw honey mix– 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp maca root powder
- Banana-1 fresh or frozen
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Add more or less milk as per desired thickness. You may also add other superfoods for fertility such as blueberries, Spirulina, Chlorella etc.
8. Be mindful
Whether you are eating, or doing any activity, be more mindful. The fertility diet detox will work well when you stay in the present moment and keep your mind free of stress. So chew each morsel mindfully.
9. Do yoga
Yoga poses bring stability of mind and body. They also help balance hormones and provide stress relief. With yoga, you will be more relaxed and can improve overall health. This leads to calm and peaceful journey of conception.
Follow the above fertility cleanse instructions for a healthy conception and pregnancy.