Mankind had been relying on Mother Nature for curing common ailments until the big pharmaceutical companies came along and created an industry from these very reserves. Traditional and folk remedies could easily cure ringworm until then since there are hundreds of herbs and plants with antifungal properties to readily cure all sorts of skin conditions. Today, we are going to discuss natural ringworm home remedies for kids and adults. You can use these instead of OTC ringworm treatment cream or alongside them. Note that herbal cures for ringworm work best when used diligently for several days. Majority of these herbs are safe and you can use them without any adverse reactions.
Best of the best herbal medicines for ringworm
· Neem Oil
Neem oil is extracted from the bark and leaves of the neem tree. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe redness, scaling and irritation. You can even use neem oil on ringworm in pets. Mix the neem oil with coconut oil for ringworm patches and apply the blend to ringworm lesions. Regular application of neem oil will quickly eradicate fungal infection from the root.
·Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a well known disinfectant that can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi. It is one of the most powerful home remedies for nail ringworm. You can apply it as a ringworm nail polish all over the nail bed to quickly eliminate fungal spores. You can also dilute tea tree with coconut oil and apply to scalp ringworm. Shampoo off as usual.
· Lavender Oil
Apart from tea tree oil, Lavender oil is also a wonderful and powerful home remedy for ringworm treatment. Not only does this oil calm and soothe irritated skin, its antibacterial and antifungal properties make it very effective in getting rid of the fungus overnight. You can also use it on scalp, nails, groin and other areas having ringworm lesions.
· Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is lightweight, carrier oil that is ideal for blending essential oils to fight ringworm. Mix your tea tree or lavender oil with it and you have a powerful ringworm remedy that is 100% safe and effective. Jojoba oil has healing and soothing properties that restore the skin to its healthy state. It has antifungal properties that are especially beneficial for hair and skin prone to fungal growth. Use it for head massage regularly to prevent dandruff etc.
· Apple cider vinegar
One of the best ringworm home remedies, apple cider vinegar fights bacteria and fungi. It can also be taken internally to eliminate the dermatophytes causing the fungal growth. Use organic apple cider vinegar daily on the lesions for 3 days and you will see a dramatic improvement in the skin.
Marigold is antiseptic and some of its many compounds and resins are also antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal. Many tests have shown significant activity of Marigold against yeast and Candida. From minor cuts to serious skin infections, you can rely upon this herbal remedy to heal and protect your skin. You can take Marigold internally or use it externally for ringworm. Note that in very rare cases, Marigold could cause allergic reactions.
- Take 30 drops of marigold tincture with a glass of water once or twice a day.
- Also apply infused marigold oil or marigold ointment three times a day on affected areas.
- For chronic fungal infections like ringworm, drink 150 ml Marigold tea three times a day.
Garlic is one of the best remedies that can cure Jock Itch in a short time. Make a Garlic salve for ringworm as follows:
- Blend together 5 cloves of garlic with a teaspoon of olive oil. Use a fine strainer and strain the mixture so you are left only with garlic infused oil.
- Apply this on the ringworm lesions or Jock Itch twice a day. Keep using this remedy for at least 3 days.
· Ginger Thyme wash
Another effective home remedy for ringworm on the face for kids and adults is a mixture of Ginger and Thyme wash. This eases the lesions and gets rid of itchiness and redness. You can also use the following Ginger-thyme herbal remedy to cure Athlete’s Foot.
- Take 2 tbsp of fresh or dried thyme leaves and 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger. Add them to a cup of boiling water. Let the mixture steep for 20 minutes. Once cool, transfer to a clean glass bottle. The mixture can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- To use: dip a clean sterile cotton wool in the mixture and apply to Athlete’s Foot or scalp tinea or Jock Itch. Let it air dry. Repeat application 2-3 times a day.
· Witch Hazel and Tea Tree
Try this 3 day ringworm treatment to see amazing results.
- Mix 1 ounce of Witch Hazel extracts with 80 drops of tea tree oil. Store the mixture in a clean glass bottle with dropper.
- To use: dip a clean cotton wool and apply it all over the lesions. Repeat application 3 times a day for 3 days. You will be amazed with the results.
Herbal remedies for ringworm are very effective and can even replace regular over the counter ringworm treatment creams. Be patient when using the above natural cures for ringworm to see results.