Ringworm is a skin condition caused by a fungus. The infection gives rise to patches of circular rashes which are characterized by clear skin in the center surrounded by red, raised and itchy outline or border. Depending on the area it is affecting, ringworm may also give rise to severe hair loss. Ringworm infections are called Tinea infections and they require specific ringworm products for fast cure. In this guide, we will discuss 8 products for fast ringworm cure.
Antifungals Allylamines, Azoles, Griseofulvin and Tolnaftate are typically used for ringworm cure. Over the counter ringworm products are used widely in order to cure ringworm fast. Majority of these over the counter ringworm treatment medicines come in the form of creams, pills or gels. Allylamines are also available as granules that can be sprinkled over food and consumed. Most over the counter medication can be used for two to four weeks but beyond that, it is necessary to consult a general practitioner. Griseofulvin is quite strong and is only available as prescription pills. If the infected area is itchy, inflamed or burning, a corticosteroid may be combined with an effective antifungal medicine to relieve the sensation. Never use a ringworm product that contains corticosteroids for more than two weeks. If the medicine fails in ringworm cure after recommended usage, consult a general practitioner.
Products available for fast ringworm cure
Several over the counter ringworm products are available that not only help the ringworm cure fast but also stop the infection from occurring again.
- “Lotrimin AF” cream is a highly effective ringworm product that contains Clotrimazole ringworm cure and produces results in as fast as two days. It comes in a small tube and easy to apply on small areas for instance in the armpits, in between the toes and behind the ear.
- “Purely Northwest” produces a ringworm cure using tea tree oil and other essential oils that kill all forms of fungi and bacteria. It comes in the form of body wash liquid and can be used to cure ringworm fast and avoid reappearance. It is also enhanced with moisturizing function and a pleasant smell so that you feel good about using this ringworm product.
- “Family care” also produces an antifungal cream that contains the ringworm cure clotrimazole. Apart from being a ringworm product, it also works to treat Jock itch and Athletes foot along with ringworm.
- “Phytozine” antifungal ringworm treatment is also effective on sensitive skin. It contains 1% Tolnaftate and is enriched with natural ringworm cure ingredients like tea tree oil, camphor, lavender and clove. It comes as a cream in easy to use plastic tube.
- “SynergyLabs” produces a ringworm cure spray for the pets. However, it may only be used on cats and dogs. If you have other pets like hamsters and rabbits, consult a veterinarian.
- “Quaker” has a ringworm product that comes in the form of an ointment named Blue Star ointment. It is supposedly a ringworm product that relieves the itching and burning sensation. It however is not an effective ringworm cure.
- “Oleavine” antigfungal soap is a ringworm product that is completely organic and has no added corticosteroids. It can be used as a body wash as well as a foot soak. It effectively prevents a ringworm infection and should be used after a workout, swim session or any other sport where you are always in contact with other individuals mostly in the locker rooms. It can also be used daily.
- Another ringworm product that is completely natural and organic is “Forces Of Nature” homeopathic cream. It is completely organic and made out of natural products and is a highly effective ringworm cure. It also heals the skin from damage and ensures that the infection does not recur.
Several other effective ringworm cure products are available in the market, which are quite affordable and help relieve itching, burning and inflammation.
Natural ringworm cure
While ringworm products are very effective and prevent reinfection, knowing what natural ingredients help ringworm cure will help you choose a good ringworm product to buy. Examples of natural ringworm cure ingredients are
- Coconut oil
- Mustard seeds
- Aloe vera
- Essential oils like jojoba oil, lavender oil, tea tree oil, Lemongrass oil, Oregano oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Raw Papaya
- Grapefruit oil
- Olive oil
If ringworm is a chronic condition, it is better to consult a doctor because no matter how effective, consumption of antifungal medication for long periods of time is likely to affect the kidney and liver function thus altering the blood counts. We hope these ringworm cure products help you.