We live in a toxic world; a world filled with chemical fertilizers, pesticides and harmful products consumed not only through food and beverages but also through cosmetics. Among all of our organs, the liver is the most heavily bombarded with these toxins. By eating liver cleaning superfoods, we can give this important organ a break and also allow it to function more efficiently. Cleansing the liver can also dramatically aid digestion, remove gallstones and improve overall health and well being.
Presenting the liver cleansing superfood list below:
1. Green superfoods
Green liver cleansing superfoods are all those foods that are rich in chlorophyll. They naturally attract toxins and remove the chemical wastes from the body. They boost digestion and enhance immunity to suppress diseases. Spinach, Kale, Cilantro, Parsley, Broccoli, and all other fresh green fruits and leafy herbs and vegetables are liver cleansing superfoods.
The main reason why beets are included in this liver cleansing superfood list is because of their ability to purify blood. They contain tons of mineral water that helps nourish the skin. Beets stimulate the liver to work properly and also protect it from toxic overload.
3. Shiitake Mushrooms
Shiitake mushrooms are rich in antioxidants and are now being studied for their anti-aging benefits. They help flush out bad cholesterol from the body. They stimulate the immune cells and can even fight tumors. They are regarded as ‘even deadlier’ to HIV cells as compared to the AIDS drug AZT. They can even delay the progress of AIDS.
If you research any liver detox programs, majority of them talk about the importance of apples and apple juice. In fact-a 7 day liver cleanse program begins by consuming tons of apple juice. The pectin fibers in Apple have cancer fighting properties. They can even prevent colon cancer and Quercetin, which is an antioxidant found in apples helps protect the brain from degeneration and Alzheimer ’s disease. Apples as liver cleansing superfoods are especially beneficial to patients of hypertension.
This tropical fruit is full of natural enzymes that chelate toxins and promote digestion. They have the ability to flush out excess fat and body weight. By supporting digestion, papayas also help regulate metabolism. They also contain high amounts of vitamins A and C which support immunity and protect the body from flu, cold, cough etc.
Kefir is a superfood that cleanses the liver and intestines. It also adds vitamins and minerals to the body and helps establish healthy balance of probiotic bacteria that clean out the colon and the intestines. Kefir is similar to yogurt and can be made from milk of cow, goat, or sheep as well as coconut milk or soya milk. It contains beneficial yeast as well as probiotic/friendly bacteria that help fight Candida as well as urine infections.
7. Milk Thistle
This herb cleanses and protects the liver from toxic substances like alcohol, nicotine and heavy metals that enter our body through our polluted environment.
8. Dandelion Root
Drinking dandelion tea or taking extracts of the root increases bile production to aid digestion.
Foods to avoid for the liver cleanse
Include the aforementioned 8 liver cleansing superfoods everyday in the diet but do avoid the following foods completely , especially when following the 7 day liver cleansing diet:
- Red meat and all processed meats like sausages, ham etc
- Oils like peanut oil, canola oil, palm oil, margarine, corn oil and all vegetable oils
- Caffeine-Tea and coffee. You can drink green tea and herbal teas
- All processed foods
- Diet sodas and sweetened beverages
- Fast foods and deep fried foods
- Drugs- You may take your daily prescription medicines
6 Steps for easy liver cleanse
- Step 1– For 3 days drink only apple juice. This helps set the stage for the liver cleanse.
- Step 2– Choose a Saturday or a Sunday for the Liver Cleanse. Drink the liver cleanse tonic. The recipe for this tonic is as follows: Mix fresh grapefruit juice with lemon juice and add Epsom salts and olive oil to it. Add 4 tablespoons of water to this mixture. Drink on an empty stomach. Make sure you rest/lie down so the liver cleanse tonic pushes out the gall stones from the system.
- Step 3: You can now have a bowel movement to flush out the stones. Eat a light breakfast off fruits or oatmeal. You can also have a fruit smoothie if you like.
- Step 4: For lunch, include any of the liver cleanse superfoods from above list. Make sure you eat fruits and fresh vegetables. Go for lean meat like turkey, chicken or fish. Throughout the day, snack on fruits like apples.
- Step 5: Drink fruit juices mixed with olive oil at bed time. This will pass out all the remaining toxins and gall stones the next morning. Go to bed early.
- Step 6– Upon waking up; again have the Liver Cleanse tonic of Epsom salts and grapefruit juice with olive oil.
Follow these liver cleansing techniques and also eat the 8 liver cleansing superfoods daily to experience good health and overall well-being.