This guide is for you if you are looking for easy ways to boost fertility and increase ovulation. The tips and methods given here can help increase fertility in men and women in their early 30s or after 35 as well.
1. Dietary changes – foods that increase fertility
Eating a balanced healthy diet is very important to make yourself more fertile. The right food can not only boost fertility, it can also get you in the mood for sexual intercourse thereby increasing your chances of getting pregnant. Moreover, the right diet will also ensure a healthy baby.
- Eat more antioxidants. These include fruits and vegetables which fight free radical damage, boost immunity, fight infections etc. Preferably choose organic varieties.
- Alkalizing foods- These improve fertility by reducing acidity and inflammation. Here are some easy ways to alkalize the body.
- Whole foods- these are minimally processed foods without preservatives, colors, sugar, dyes and chemicals.
- Slow carbs- These include peas, beans, lentils and whole grains. They minimize insulin resistance, regulate blood sugar and improve fertility while preventing gestational diabetes.
- Healthy fats- olives and olive oil, fatty fish, avocado, walnuts, coconut oil etc provide healthy fats. They improve hormonal sensitivity.
2. Change your lifestyle
Lifestyle changes are an essential part of increasing fertility in men and women.
- Quit smoking– Nicotine harms you in many ways and fertility is one of them. So quit smoking. This tip is for men and women both.
- Keep regular bedtime– Sleep for at least 8 hours at night and avoid late nights. This is essential to combat stress.
- Exercise– Avoid strenuous exercise; try gentle yoga and daily brisk walking instead.
- Reduce work-related stress– Take a look at your work and relationships at work. If they are stressing or draining you out, it is time to take a break. This is important to boost fertility after 35.
- Practice letting go-Accept the things you cannot control. You cannot and need not control everything.
3. Take fertility boosting supplements
Your doctor will definitely prescribe vitamins to boost fertility.
- Vitamin B12- Both you and your partner need this vitamin to raise sperm count and prevent miscarriage. Take 20mcg per day.
- Vitamin E- Both men and women should take 160 mg of natural Vitamin E. This vitamin plays a crucial role in female reproductive health. The antioxidant activity of vitamin E also makes sperm more fertile.
- Vitamin C– this is an important among all the vitamins to boost fertility. You need at least 1000mg in divided doses. Choose the non-acidic form of vitamin C like calcium or magnesium ascorbate which is gentler on the stomach.
- Manganese-Take 5mg per day. Deficiency of manganese can cause compromised function of the reproductive system.
- Iron-this helps in vitamin C absorption which boosts fertility. You need not take a supplement unless you are deficient. Eating poultry and meat can prevent iron deficiency..
4. Eliminate environmental toxins and hazards
Environmental and occupational toxins can reduce fertility. To eliminate toxins and make yourself more fertile, reduce the use of paints, chemical cleaners, radiation, solvents, synthetic fragrances, building materials etc. Instead, buy gentle, organic and green cleaning products made from herbs, essential oils etc. Reduce the use of synthetic cosmetics and fragrances as well as underarm deodorants. You can make you own non-toxic coconut oil based deodorants and cosmetics instead.
5. Screen for infections
Male infertility can be affected by infections. So get yourself and your partner checked for infections including bacterial infections and STDs.
6. Get the timing right
Women who wish to boost chances of pregnancy need to chart their ovulation period. A simple temperature chart can also help you get defects like luteal phase defect. This will help you have intercourse at the right time which will boost your chances of getting pregnant.
Meditation eases stress and helps boost fertility. Say the following mantra daily: “I am healthy and in charge of my fertility”. Positive visualization will also help.
Try these easy ways to boost fertility and increase ovulation naturally.