How would you like to have your own signature scent? Something that makes you smell amazing and no one knows what it is! There are many easy homemade perfume recipes that last longer than commercial perfumes which are not only expensive; they are also full of environmentally harmful chemicals. So today, we will learn to make easy homemade perfume recipes with flowers, essential oils and other natural ingredients.
1. Easy homemade perfume for men (without alcohol)
Men will love this woodsy aroma that lasts longer than commercial sprays and deodorants.
- 1 tsp Jojoba oil
- 4 drops Spruce essential oil
- 1 drop each Bergamot and Vetiver essential oils
- 2 drops each Fir and Cedarwood essential oils
In a glass bottle with spray cap, combine all essential oils. Shake well to combine and then add the jojoba oil. Mix well. Your perfume is ready to use. Apply it as an after-shave or o the pulse points to smell great all day.
2. Solid homemade perfume with beeswax
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 20 drops essential oils of your choice (you can also use any of the blends I’ve described below)
- Metal or glass container to store the perfume
In a double broiler, melt the beeswax. Add the almond and grapeseed oils. Stir continuously for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool a bit. Now add the essential oils and stir well. Pour the liquid in the container and let solidify. You can carry this homemade deodorant in your purse and use it as needed to smell great all day long.
Essential oil blends to use for above recipe
- Lavender, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang
- Lavender, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang
- Grapefruit, Ginger, Vetiver, Lime
- Sandalwood, Wild Orange, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
3. Easy homemade perfume with flowers (without alcohol or essential oils)
- 2 cups water
- Fresh flower blossoms chopped to yield 2 cups
- In a bowl, place cheesecloth and add one cup of flowers. Make sure the edges of the cheesecloth are hanging over the edges of the owl. Cover the flowers with water let it remain undisturbed overnight.
- Next morning, lift the cheesecloth edges and squeeze them gently. Collect the resultant scented water in a small saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan until only about 1 teaspoon of the scented liquid remains.
- Store this perfume in a small bottle. Perfume made this way has a shelf life of about 1 month.
4. Easy homemade perfume with alcohol
This recipe is also easy to make. It contains alcohol, essential oils and water. The shelf life is longer-up to 6 months.
- 2 cups distilled water
- 3 tbsp Vodka
- 10 drops each Chamomile and Valerian essential oils
Mix all ingredients well and store in a dark colored glass bottle. Allow the mixture to synergize undisturbed in a cool, dry place for at least 12 hours or more. Once this is done, the perfume is ready to use.
5. Perfume making recipes with Lime/lemon oil
This lemony/lime scent is more of a cologne.
- 1 cup each distilled water and Vodka
- 3 drops of Lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops each Lavender and Lime essential oil
- In a bottle, combine the essential oils with the Vodka. Set aside for 3 weeks. You need to keep shaking the bottle once a day.
- After 3 weeks, add the distilled water and let stand for one more week. Continue shaking the bottle once each day.
- After 4 weeks, transfer the contents to a dark colored spray bottle.
- Place the bottle in a cool dark place and use as needed.
6. Easy body splash perfume recipe with fruit peels
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemon and orange peels
- 3 tbsp Vodka
- 5 drops of Lemon Verbena oil
- 10 drops each of Orange and Mandarin oils
- Cover the fruit peels with vodka and let the mixture stand for a week. After the week is over, strain the liquid and discard the fruit peels.
- Collect the liquid and add distilled water and essential oils.
- Let the mixture infuse for 2-3 weeks making sure to shake the bottle once a day.
- After the steeping period is over, transfer contents to a dark glass bottle and store in a cool and dry place. Use as needed. This perfume has a shelf life of 6 months.
7. Cucumber Aloe body mist recipe
Lemon and Aloe make this a refreshing scent to carry all day in those hot summer months.
- Lemon-1 entire
- Cucumber-1 entire
- Rosewater-1 tbsp
- Aloe Vera gel-1 tsp
Peel the cucumber and chop it into tiny slices. Run the slices through a blender to crush it completely. Using a napkin, strain the cucumber juice and mix all remaining ingredients in it. Blend the juice again until the mixture is liquid. Store the contents in a spray bottle in a refrigerator. The shelf life of this mist is approximately 2 weeks.
Try these 7 awesome perfume making recipes and smell divine!