Commercial eye serums for puffy eyes and under eye dark circles are packed with chemicals. They also cost a fortune. So today we will take a look at some easy eye serum recipes to combat dark circles, wrinkles, puffy eyes etc.
1. Homemade eye serum for dark circles
This deeply nourishing serum is packed with antioxidants and can give you a brighter, whiter skin. It can also combat wrinkles and puffy eyes.
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp each wheat germ oil, carrot seed oil and pomegranate oil
Simply pour the oils in a dark colored glass bottle. Shake well and you are good to go! Apply nightly under the eyes. With regular use, your skin will be brighter and there will be noticeably fewer wrinkles.
2. Aloe Vera eye serum recipe
This inexpensive and easy eye cream recipe is perfect for puffy eyes and preventing premature aging. Apply it in the morning after you have partied all night!
- 2 oz aloe vera gel
- ¼ cucumber washed, peeled and cut into cubes
- In a food processor, place the cucumber and process until it is mashed.
- Strain the juice through the sieve into a measuring cup.
- Take 2 ounces of Aloe Vera gel in a small bowl and add 1 tbsp of cucumber juice to it. Mix well.
- Use a funnel to measure the mixture into a clean glass bottle.
- Refrigerate the gel for a couple of hours.
- Apply all around the eyes to get rid of puffy eyes, dark circles and wrinkles.
3. Easy moisturizing eye serum
- 2 tsp each apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil and avocado oil
Using a dropper, combine all the oils in a dark colored glass bottle. Shake well to mix the oils. To use, take a few drops of the serum and apply it under the eyes. Avoid using on the eyelashes as it could irritate the eyeballs.
4. DIY caffeine eye serum for puffy eyes
Puffy eyes can result from not getting adequate sleep but it can also be a hereditary condition. Oxygenated blood pools under the eyes causing swelling and puffiness. Your sleeping position can also exacerbate this condition. This homemade diy caffeine eye serum relaxes the blood vessels and reduces swelling and puffiness.
- ½ cup ground coffee
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- Sweet Almond oil
- In an air tight container, mix the coffee and Almond oil. Cover the jar well. Make sure it is airtight.
- Set aside for a week so that the coffee infuses the oil.
- Strain the coffee grounds using a filter paper or cheesecloth.
- Transfer the infused oil into the serum bottle.
- Add avocado oil into the jar using a dropper.
- Mix well to combine the oils.
- Apply a few minutes before bed. Use your ring finger to massage the serum into the delicate skin around the eyes.
5. Eye oil serum
This easy and wonderful recipe contains argan oil and evening primrose oil which contains many essential fatty acids. These fight wrinkles and give you a brighter and more youthful look.
- 1 ½ tsp each Argan oil and Evening Primrose oil
- 10-15 drops of pure essential oil like Lavender oil, Carrot seed oil etc (optional)
- In a glass bottle, simply measure the oils and mix well.
- To use, take a few drops of this eye oil serum and massage well around the eyes. Take care not to get the product into the eyes.
- Being oil based, this serum lasts for several weeks or months. Make sure you store it in a cool dry place. If the oil serum smells rancid, discard it.
6. Longer lashes DIY eye serum
Castor oil is a well known remedy to grow eyelashes longer and stronger. We have already covered many eyelash strenghtening recipes in this article. Here is a wonderful DIY eye serum for longer eyelashes:
- 2 tbsp each Castor oil and Aloe Vera gel
- Optional (for extra nourishment to the lashes) –a few drops of Vitamin E oil or Olive oil
Measure and combine the ingredients in a clean jar. Shake well to fully incorporate the ingredients. Apply to the lashes every night with a clean Q-tip. Use this diy eye serum for stronger lashes for at least 2-3 weeks to see reduced lash breakage. Include plenty of vitamin E based foods like seeds and nuts in your diet. Use the serum within 2 weeks.
7. Fortifying and soothing eye serum
A wealth of luxurious plant oils makes this a wonderful homemade eye serum for puffy eyes, dark circles and wrinkles.
- ¼ tsp each Apricot kernel oil and Castor oil
- Jojoba oil ½ tsp
- ¾ tsp each Pomegranate and Argan oils
- 1/8 tsp each Vitamin E and Sea buckthorn oils
- 2 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 1 drop each Patchouli and Sandalwood essential oils
- Place the ingredients in a small dropper bottle.
- Shake the bottle well.
- Apply nightly around the eye area.
Try these 7 easy homemade eye brightening & dark circle removing serum recipes for fantastic results!