Whether to gift to someone or for pampering your own body; these natural homemade body wash recipes are fun, easy and wonderful to make. Use these all-natural recipes for taking long, relaxing baths in place of your regular bath gels. Commercial body washes contain many chemicals which strip your skin off its natural oils. Use these natural body washes and shower gel recipes instead to keep your skin healthy.
1. Easy body wash without castile soap
Most diy homemade body washes made from scratch contain Castile soap. Castile soap is readily available in stores. However, you can use Aloe Vera gel or Witch hazel in its place.
- 7 drops each of Lavender essential oil and Coriander essential oil
- 10 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 40 drops of Tangerine essential oil
- 4 oz Aloe Vera gel
You may also use unscented shower gel, Castile soap or mild liquid soap in place of Aloe Vera. Mix all ingredients and store in a bottle with hand pump. Use a small amount to lather on wet skin. Wash off as usual.
2. Easy way to make body wash from scratch
This recipe contains Castile soap and glycerin. These ingredients moisturize the skin and almond oil provides nourishment to the deeper layers of the dermis.
- 1 tbsp Sweet Almond oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 3 tbsp Castile liquid soap
- 25 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Variation: To encourage exfoliation, add a bit of baking soda and finely ground oatmeal in the recipe.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until fully blended.
- Pour the mixture in a 4 oz glass bottle.
- Shake well before use and apply as body wash working into a light lather.
3. Homemade hydrating body wash with coconut milk
This incredibly hydrating and inexpensive homemade body wash with castile soap and glycerin is super easy to make and you won’t have to spend more than a few bucks on it. It smells delicious and you will feel clean and refreshed all day.
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Liquid castile soap-1 cup
- 1 tbsp liquefied coconut oil
- 1 tsp each Vitamin E and vegetable glycerin
- 10 drops of essential oil of your choice
Combine all ingredients and store the mixture in a re-sealable bottle. Shake well before each use.
4. Homemade olive oil body wash
We love this nourishing body wash with its key ingredient being one of the food stuffs most of us love! This body wash will hydrate dry skin without a sticky feeling.
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- 2/3rd cup honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
Combine all ingredients in a squeeze bottle. Shake vigorously to allow the ingredients to synergize. Shake well before each use.
5. Homemade body wash from bar soap
- 1 cup distilled water
- Vegetable glycerin – 1 tablespoon
- A bar of unscented soap
- 3-5 drops of Lemon essential oil
- 4-5 drops of Pear essential oil
- ½ cup pear juice (you can use apple juice instead)
- Cut the soap into small pieces. Make sure the pieces are small enough to get dissolved easily.
- In a saucepan, boil the distilled water and add the soap pieces.
- Continue to simmer until the soap is completely dissolved
- Stir until the water and soap form a gel like consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and the oils, juice and glycerin. Mix well.
6. Minty all-natural body wash with no chemicals
- 1 tbsp loosely packed mint leaves
- ¼ cup witch hazel
- 2 ½ tbsp each Aloe Vera gel and Liquid castile soap
- Peppermint essential oil- optional
- In a glass jar with lid, place the crushed mint leaves. Pour witch hazel on top and close the lid. Shake the jar well. Place the jar in a cupboard for at least 2 days (though ideally you need to leave it undisturbed for 2 weeks).
- Strain the mint infused witch hazel and set aside.
- In a bowl, take the infused witch hazel, aloe gel and combine until well blended.
- Add the Castile soap and mix further.
- Now add the essential oil.
- Pour the body wash in a re-sealable bottle.
Use the body wash daily in shower with a loofah or bath puff. Rinse well and enjoy the light, fresh scent it leaves on your skin.