Frizzy hair is a major concern among women. While there are tons of anti frizz serums and sprays available out there, they are full of heavy silicones that weigh hair down. Many of these products also cause buildup on the scalp that is difficult to shampoo away. Homemade anti frizz sprays are easy to make and use and can also help you save tons of money. Moreover, these homemade products do not cause scalp buildup as they are made with gentle, safe and non-toxic ingredients. Let us study some natural anti frizz remedies and leave in conditioner recipes.
1. Easy homemade anti frizz hair mist
This recipe contains essential oils for dry frizzy hair. It knocks the frizz right out of the hair by balancing hydration. It also smells great!
- 100 ml witch hazel extract
- A few drops each of Geranium, Jasmine and Rose essential oils
In a spray bottle, mix all ingredients. Spray it all over the clean hair after towel drying them. Comb or style as usual. Repeat as often as required.
2. Homemade anti frizz leave in conditioner
- 1/3rd cup each Soapwort and Marshmallow root
- 2 cups water
- 1/3rd cup each Olive oil, Coconut oil and emulsifying wax
In a saucepan, mix the water, soapwort and marshmallow root. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and steep for a few hours. Strain to remove the solid pieces. In another saucepan, melt together the oils and wax. Combine with the strained decoction. Whisk the mixture well to get a lotion like consistency. Use it as a leave in deep conditioner and a detangler.
3. Moisturizing homemade hair spray for dry curly hair
- 1 part vegetable glycerin
- 5 parts distilled water
- Few drops of essential oils (either Sandalwood, Lavender or Ylang Ylang)
Mix all ingredients and shake well. Spray on dry hair after each washing.
4. Aloe-Almond anti humidity spray
- 1 cup distilled water
- Aloe vera gel- 1tbsp
- 1 tsp Sweet Almond oil
- Aloe Vera juice- 1 tbsp
In a saucepan, warm the water on low heat. Remove from heat and before the water cools, add the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a spray bottle. Shake vigorously to combine. Cool completely before use. Store the spray in a cool, dry place. To use: spritz onto slightly damp hair after washing to prevent frizziness due to humidity.
5. All natural home anti frizz hair spray with vodka
- 1 cup distilled water
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp vodka (high proof)
- 10 drops of any of the essential oils for dry frizzy hair like Lavender, Chamomile, Calendula, Cedarwood etc)
In a saucepan, heat the water and melt the sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a spray bottle and use every time you style your hair.
6. DIY anti frizz spray with Salt
- ½ cup each coconut milk and distilled water
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Virgin coconut oil- 1tsp
In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk and water. Add the salt and coconut oil and stir well until fully combined. Transfer to a spray bottle once cooled. Spray on damp hair for perfect hydration.
Try these easy homemade anti frizz hair spray recipes today and see the difference!