Shaving creams available commercially contain many chemicals and most of them also do little for razor bumps. Why use such harmful ingredients on your skin when you have many natural ingredients that moisturize the skin while preventing razor burn? Today we will discuss some easy homemade shaving cream and gel recipes which your skin will love.
1. Shea butter shaving cream
You can directly use Shea butter as shaving cream but the addition of other ingredients makes this recipe even better:
- 4 tbsp Shea butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Sweet almond oil
- 10-12 drops of Lavender essential oil
- Melt the Shea butter and coconut oil in a double broiler and mix them well.
- Add the Sweet Almond oil. Stir to incorporate well then add the Lavender essential oil.
- Allow the mixture to solidify in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Whip the mixture with a hand mixer.
- Transfer in a clean container.
- Use it within a month.
2. Homemade coconut oil shaving cream with eucalyptus oil
- ½ cup Shea butter and coconut oil
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 20-25 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil
- In a bowl mix the coconut oil and Shea butter together.
- Transfer contents to a double broiler and melt them. Whip the mixture to incorporate well.
- Measure the olive oil and add it to the mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it solidifies.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the mixture until creamy.
- As you whip, add the essential oil.
- Transfer the whipped shaving cream into a container.
- Use within a month.
3. Moisturizing homemade shaving cream
This shaving cream leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. You do not have to use any cream or body lotion after shaving. It can be used by men and women. The essential oils in this recipe also impart a lovely fragrance to the cream.
- 1 cup each Shea butter and coconut oil
- ½ cup Jojoba oil
- 7 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp Vitamin E oil
- In a double broiler, melt the Shea butter and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and cool for 2-3 minutes. Then add Grapefruit and Peppermint oils, Jojoba oil and Vitamin E oil.
- Refrigerate the mixture.
- Once solid, whip the mixture continually until it is nice and creamy.
- Store in a clean glass container.
4. Anti- razor bump diy shaving cream for legs hands and underarms
This is a homemade shaving cream without Shea butter.
- ½ cup solid Coconut oil
- ¼ cup each honey and Castile soap
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera gel
- 40 drops Geranium essential oil
- 20 drops Tea tree essential oil
- Using an immersion blender, whip the coconut oil until its fluffy and smooth.
- Keep the mixer on low, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Continue to whip until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer contents to a clean glass or plastic container.
- Apply the cream on hands, legs and underarms post shower.
- Shave as usual.
- Store the cream for 3 to 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
5. Homemade shaving cream and shampoo
This hydrating homemade shampoo also doubles up as a shaving cream.
- 1 cup each water and Castile soap
- 2 tsp Grapeseed Jojoba oil
- 1/8th cup Aloe Vera gel
- 5 drops of your favorite essential oil.
In a bottle, add all ingredients and mix well. Use it as a shampoo or as shaving cream.
Try these easy shaving cream recipes the next time you shave!