If you have been wondering how to get rid of a double chin fast, you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will discuss some double chin exercises; yoga as well as double chin removal homemade creams and masks that can tighten the skin and get rid of unsightly flab. The main cause of double chin is obesity but double chin could also come from genetic factors. So, if your parent has had a double chin, chances are that you would too. Many people resort to expensive facelift surgery or laser treatments to get rid of double chin. While these techniques can give you guaranteed results; they are painful and also quite expensive. Instead, try these 11 home remedies for double chin to develop a sleeker jaw line.
1. Lose excess weight
When you lose the extra weight, chances are that you will also lose the flab around the chin and cheeks. However, excess weight loss might give rise to sagging and a prematurely aged look. Try to lose weight at a moderate rate of 1-2 lbs per week. This will give you uniform results. You can then consider filler injections to reduce the flabby appearance.
2. Do some double chin exercise
Every double chin exercise consists of a main focus point- your chin. Here are simple exercises that can strengthen and tone the jaws to give you firmer and leaner chin:
- Sit comfortably in a chair or bed. Keep the spine erect. Look forward. Now slowly raise your head to the ceiling. Pucker up your lips and try to “kiss” the ceiling. Relax. Repeat. Do three sets of 20 ‘kisses’ each.
- One of the best double-chin-reducing yoga exercises is Bhujangasana or cobra pose. In this pose, you lie on your stomach. Slowly raise your upper body only up to the navel. You can leave a little gap between the legs and feet. Look up to the ceiling. You will experience some pain in the shoulders and lower back. Keep breathing while you hold this pose. This asana stretches the hypoglossus, genioglossus and other muscles in the jaws. Hold the pose for 20 seconds-breathing in slowly and deeply. Repeat twice a day.
- Lion pose- Sit comfortably. Open your mouth wide. Put out your tongue and try to touch it to your chin. Hold this pose for 10 seconds.
- Head up and down-Sit with your head and neck erect. Take your head as far back as you can. Bring it forward to original position. Repeat several times.
- Stand straight with eyes looking in front. Now move your neck to the right with eyes also moving in the same direction. Next, move the head to the left. Repeat.
3. Face massage for double chin
Of particular importance is the Tanaka face massage technique developed by a Japanese beautician. It consists of a series of massage steps performed on different parts of the face to reduce signs of aging which can also benefit double chin.
You can use any cream for massaging your face or even coconut or olive oil. Shea butter or cocoa butter cream can also be melted and used for massaging the chin and cheeks at bedtime or before bath. The important thing is to massage regularly, daily if possible. The best time to massage the face and chin is half an hour before bath time. Make sure you remove all traces of makeup prior to massaging else it will clog pores and lead to pimples. When massaging, move upwards instead of down as this will lead to wrinkles.
Diet plays an important role in double chin. The best thing you can do to prevent and reduce it is by eating less than you normally do. In the early 20s, carbohydrates and starch are easily burned down. But as we grow older, the starch just gets laid up in the chin, tummy and arms-especially in women. So do cut away sugar and starch completely. You cannot be fat and look youthful- so try and eat a healthy diet focusing more of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds to look younger and slimmer.
5. Use a double chin wrap or chin brace
You can easily buy one online – these chin braces can also prevent snoring. Double chin braces work by wearing away chin fat and literally sculpt the original neck ad jaw line. The “girdle of Venus”, as it is called, also banishes jowls and stretches out wrinkles. You can even make a double chin wrap at home. Simply buy some flesh colored bandages. Cut it to make 3 chin straps. Pull it upwards and pin it into the hair loosely. Too tight and you might get a headache. Wear this all night. You could even wear it during the day and do the above double chin exercises in it.
6. Sugar free chewing gum
Chewing gum regularly can also easily give you a slimmer neckline. Opt for sugar free varieties only.
7. Use face tightening masks
Many skin tightening face masks can give you tighter skin. Try egg white mask or apply apple juice on the chin area to tighten the skin. You can also apply glycerin mixed with some essential oils and Epsom salts to tighten the face.
8. Drink plenty of water
Regular intake of 8-10 glasses of water can help flush out toxins, fat and also prevent fluid retention.
9. Drink green tea
Green tea can help control appetite and sugar cravings. Drink 2-3 cups daily for antioxidants and also for flushing out fat.
10. Maintain a good posture
Walk and sit with your head erect. Keep back and neck straight and chin up instead of down. This will tighten the muscles and give you a stronger jaw line.
11. Sleep without a pillow
As far as possible avoid keeping a pillow under your head. If needed, go for a thin pillow as against a thick one that can stretch the skin causing double chin.
We are sure that the above double chin reducing remedies and exercises work –so go on and try them!