A double chin in young people may look cute but as one grows older, it adds to one’s age and makes one look older than s/he really is. Thankfully, there are many ways in which one can wear away this fat and carve out one’s original chin lines. Following tips and exercises can help you prevent turkey neck, banish jowls and stretch out neck wrinkles. Let us take a look:
1. Use a chin strap
Many pharmacies sell chin straps that are used for preventing snoring. These can also help prevent double chin by holding the skin in place and preventing sagging. This is an easy remedy to lose neck fat overnight. You can also make such a bandage at home by using Ajax bandage strips. Cut the bandage into strips and place them firmly under the chin while tying the ends to your hair to prevent slipping. Make sure you are comfortable in this position as too tight might bring a headache. You may wear the bandage all night or even during the day when you do exercises to reduce neck fat by yoga.
2. Change your diet
Too much fat on the back and neck indicate that you are consuming too many carbs. Starting today, stop eating breads, pasta, cookies, etc. Consume more lean meat, vegetables and fruits. If you get hungry between meals, go for nuts, seeds and other healthy snacks. Avoid fad or crash diets- these will not help you get a slim neck but could lead to a variety of health issues. Try to limit your total calorie intake to 1200 calories for women and 1500 for men. These numbers vary based on the amount of exercise you put in and your Body Mass Index etc.
3. Exercises to reduce neck lines and get a slim neck
Here are some effective exercises that can help you get rid of back neck fat hump:
- Puffing and blowing-This windy little exercise can erase smiling grooves, smoothen the contour and blow away wrinkles. Take 6-7 quick little breaths through the nose until you are filled with air then puff out the cheeks, and keep the mouth in a whistling position. Exhale with 7 quick puffs. Do this 3 times or until you feel dizzy.
- Kiss the ceiling-Sit on a chair with head upwards and eyes looking at the ceiling. Stretch your lips in a kissy position as if you are trying to kiss the roof. Relax, and repeat. Do 3 sets of this 3-4 times a day to get a slim neck.
The best way to reduce neck fat by yoga is through the following poses
- The Cobra pose/Bhujangasana– This pose stretches the neck muscles and when done regularly, can give you a slim neck. Lie on the stomach with palms next to your chest. Taking a breath, lift your upper body up till the navel leaving your palms flat on the ground and elbows bent at 45 degrees. Relax the shoulders as much as you can keeping them as far away as possible from the ears. Inhale and exhale 3-4 times in this position, and then relax. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
- Bow and Arrow or Dhanurasana– Lie on your stomach. Now hold your ankles with each hand and lift the upper body and thighs while arching your back. Throw your head backwards feeling the stretch on the neck, back and thighs. Hold this position for 5 breaths then relax. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
5. Ice pack
Place an ice pack on the neck area every night. Leave it on for 20 minutes. This will improve blood circulation and also reduce wrinkles and sagging skin.
6. Consume ice water on an empty stomach
When you drink ice water immediately upon waking up, you can increase your resting metabolic rate by nearly 24-30%. Eat breakfast immediately after. This is a very easy way to lose neck fat and the double chin provided you do it daily.
7. Take cold showers
Cold showers have a remarkably rejuvenating effect on the body and they could also aid in weight loss. It is best to take cold showers before breakfast or before bed to increase metabolism and reduce body fat. Start with hot shower. Step out of the shower and apply soap and shampoo. Jump back into the shower and turn the knob to cold. Rinse just your face and neck with cold water. Now turn around and take the cold water on your back. Maintain this position for 1-3 minutes as you acclimatize. Apply soap to all areas and rinse normally. Not only will this remedy wake you up like foghorn, it will also increase fat burning, reduce depression and prevent colds, coughs and flu.
8. Consume cayenne pepper
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which is anti-inflammatory and also has a thermogenic effect. This means that it can aid in weight loss. Take about 200-400 mg of cayenne pepper after you have eaten some protein first. Never take cayenne on empty stomach. Make this remedy a part of your daily routine to lose neck fat overnight.
9. Drink lots of water
This remedy will not help you reduce neck lines or back neck fat but it can improve overall metabolism and improve skin tone. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water. You can also drink herbal tea and green tea which is proven to aid weight loss.
10. Incorporate daily physical activity
If you do not want to do the above yoga or facial exercises, you can at least incorporate a daily physical activity which can help you tone down and reduce fat deposits from around the belly, thighs, chin etc. Walking, jogging, swimming and dancing are some great activities for weight loss.
Use the above easy ways to lose the double chin and get rid of neck fat.